Going into the trip, I made it very clear that my job was simply to drive and move baggage. Long story short, I succeeded and the trip went off without any large hitches.
Avery slept basically the entire 6+ hours to and from Lubbock / Tulia to Dallas.
It was a success. Plus, this was the first time that the Great-grandparents were able to see Avery and vice versa.
Prior to the start of the month, we had some professional pictures done at the house. Here are a couple that turned out pretty good.
Here is Avery a week or so ago. Zonked out on the couch, probably during some March Madness.

Here is Mom and daughter on the "activity mat". Who said it's just for kids? PS, it looks like Avery is wondering what mom is doing on her turf.

Avery hanging out with me on the couch.

This is Avery kicking her cousin Hunter. He and Kim were over for the day, visiting all of the way from Ft. Worth.

These are some of the pictures from our trip out to Lubbock. Texas A&M Class of '94 and Class of '30

My parents arranged for some professional pics of the two grandaughters (mine and Phillip's). This is one I snapped of Avery while they were working with her. Believe me, I didn't pick the tutu concept. I was thinking more along the lines of overalls or camo.

Here is Danielle (Phillip and Stefanie's daughter), not too pleased to be in a pink tutu. But who would be?

Here are both grandaughters playing with Grandpa.

Here is the mandatory family photo. 4 generations. From born in 1913 to born in 2008 and a lot in between.

Here is Dad with two grandaughters.

Here is another one of Danielle in a teacup.

Danielle must be having an allergic reaction to the t-shirt. I know that I would.


Danielle must be having an allergic reaction to the t-shirt. I know that I would.

The 3 mom's in the kitchen......enough said

Avery is wondering what Danielle is saying.

Great-grandmother Poteet meeting Avery for the first time....94 years difference.

Great-grandmother and great-grandaughter number 2...
Here is Kristi's grandparents with Avery (great-grandkid number 10?)

Avery is wondering what Danielle is saying.

Great-grandmother Poteet meeting Avery for the first time....94 years difference.

Great-grandmother and great-grandaughter number 2...
After a few days, we traveled up to Kristi's grandparents in Tulia. It is between Lubbock and Amarillo. This is Dixie, who somehow tree'd a cat in the backyard.
Here is Kristi's grandparents with Avery (great-grandkid number 10?)








